Cincinnati Northern Kentucky Airport - Full Time
Responsible for the day-to-day management of Airport Operations Division including the associated airport safety and compliance programs, projects, and contracts. Manages airside and terminal operations policies and procedures in compliance with Kenton County Airport Board (KCAB) and other local, State and Federal laws and regulations. Provides expert, professional assistance and support as required. Provides leadership of associated committees and programs ensuring safe, compliant, and efficient airside and terminal operations.
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
- Ensures department staff, facilities, equipment and materials are managed at a level that provides continuous safe airfield and terminal operations during both routine and emergency conditions.
- Maintains staff management responsibility to include supervision, delegation and review of assigned work, hiring, performance appraisals, coaching/counseling, staff development, application of organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintains Airport Certification Manual. Manages FAA Part 139 programs to include airfield safety inspections, airfield signs, markings and lighting, airfield pavement management, NOTAMS, wildlife management, and required training and recording keeping.
- Serves lead role during annual FAA certification inspection.
- Ensures airport compliance with FAA Part 77 and oversees coordination of temporary obstructions with various KCAB departments and outside contractors.
- Manages airfield closure program.
- Manages revisions, in conjunction with other departments, to Airport Emergency Plan, Snow and Ice Control Plan, Wildlife Hazard Management Plan, KCAB Rules and Regulations; Airport Layout Plan; and other required documents.
- Ensures Airport Operations staff is prepared and equipped to respond to all airside and landside irregular operations and emergencies. Represents Airport Operations at the Incident Command post and/or Emergency Operations Center as required.
- Represents department at construction meetings. Ensures compliance with local, State and Federal regulations and monitors operational impact on airside and terminal facilities.
- Maintains working relationships with airport tenants, regulatory bodies and the FAA Air Traffic Control Tower. Maintains committees and facilitates meetings as required to disseminate safety and operational information, as well as obtain feedback.
- Works with KCAB safety department to recognize airside and terminal hazards.
- Completes incident reports and assessments as required to determine root cause of incidents and recommend future improvements.
- Works with various KCAB departments to ensure safe UAS operations on airport and surrounding property.
- Available for immediate recall in emergency or snow operations.
- Responsible for all contract management activities as documented in KCAB Policy 1014, Contract Management. As the subject matter expert responsible for all key aspects of contract management ensuring KCAB’s interests are represented in any business activities regarding the agreement. Prepares RFP’s, bid specifications, and negotiates contracts.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
RequirementsTRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field to the area of assignment and seven years of related experience; and a minimum of three years of supervisory experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Maintain Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) clearance.
- Obtain and maintain position appropriate NIMS & emergency training.
- Maintain Ramp and Movement Area driving privileges.
- Managerial and supervisory techniques;
- Federal, State and local regulations regarding airport operations, including in depth knowledge of Part 139, Part 77 and associated advisory circulars
- Airport operations;
- Contract management;
- Project management.
- Demonstrated skill in directing and managing staff efficiently and effectively;
- Clearly and effectively communicating, negotiating and advocating, both orally and in writing;
- Use of a variety of computer-based technologies including word processing, and spreadsheets;
- Establishing and maintaining effective, fair, cooperative, collaborative and respectful relationships with internal and external colleagues, peers, work teams and workgroups;
- Demonstrated skill in use of independent judgment;
- Demonstrated skill in team leadership.