WLWT Hearst Television - Full Time
WLWT-TV, is looking for a dynamic Senior Producer. We are seeking a driven, organized leader who can communicate a vision for their shows and lead a team towards that vision. The successful candidate will develop engaging content for television and all digital platforms. Responsibilities include coaching and motivating producers. The Senior Producer is responsible for the overall content of assigned newscasts and managing breaking news and social engagement. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills and the ability to make quick decisions under daily deadline pressure. You must have proven ability in making decisions based on strong ethics, a solid producing background, and a desire to win. You must be able to research, pitch, and gather enterprise news stories.
- Oversight of the preparation of a rundown and scripts for the newscasts.
- Oversight of the use of all our graphics resources to enhance our presentation.
- Coaching producers.
- Responding to breaking news.
- Oversight of digital response to breaking news and social media engagement.
- Writing compelling news stories in active voice.
- Meeting deadlines
- Posting stories and video to all digital platforms.
- Must be a strong voice in the editorial process pitching lead and enterprise stories daily.
- Communicate effectively with news staff, promotions, and production/engineering.
- Be able to fill-in when needed as on-call manager.
- Ability to work various shifts as needed especially during breaking news.
- Minimum of three years producing experience.
- Should have demonstrated experience in writing and be able to think visually.
- Be able to understand and execute comprehensive strategic news plans.
- Have a strong sense of audience desires.
- Possess outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Have the ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand elements.
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements.
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news or related field.
- Military training and experience will be considered.