3CDC - Internship
Description3CDC is a private, non-profit, full-service, real estate development and finance organization focused on revitalizing Cincinnati’s urban core in partnership with the City of Cincinnati and the Cincinnati corporate community. 3CDC is currently seeking candidates for a Sponsorship & Advertising Intern Internship opportunity to start on November 26, 2018.
The Sponsorship & Advertising Intern works on behalf of the Events team to assist in the daily tasks of fulfilling sponsorship agreements for Fountain Square, Washington Park, Memorial Hall, and Zeigler Park. When the renovation of the civic spaces were complete, the City and the County charged 3CDC with the task of maintaining and programing the spaces to ensure that they continue to serve as destination locations - active places that attract people to downtown and Over-the-Rhine.
The four civic spaces are managed to the highest standards in all aspects of physical maintenance, safety and customer service. In a typical year 3CDC produces approximately 1,000 events and hosts/facilitates an average of 250 third-party events, all of which attract millions of people to both locations. Beverage sales and sponsorships play large roles in our event programming and provide a substantial amount of revenue to subsidize the civic spaces.
The Sponsorship & Advertising Intern position will work directly with the Sales Manager to ensure the sponsorship agreements are fulfilled and all deliverables are met. This individual will also provide inside sales support to the Sales Manager which entails writing proposals, contracts, and collecting signatures and payments for agreed upon contracts. This individual will also support the Sales Manager with recapping the sponsors on their event involvement.
- Inside Sales Support - Prospecting through researching specific industry categories, agencies, news stories, publications and/or referrals, to develop new opportunities to engage prospects in sponsorship.
- Utilize DocuSign – Preparing contracts for DocuSign, sending to clients, follow-up with Sales Manager on progress. Prior knowledge not required.
- Data Entry - Maintain organized sponsorship files that includes sponsor spreadsheet, including contact information, links to signed contracts, the date invoice(s) were sent, the date check(s) were received, total amount of sponsorship.
- Creating Sponsorship Recaps – Utilize PowerPoint, gather proof of delivery on signage, social media, video exposure, and organize digital files.
- LED Board – track and organize sponsorship video content.
- Help Sales Manager ensure all sponsorship deliverables are executed.
Qualifications, skill and/or specialized knowledge:
- Candidate in the process of earning a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related degree program is preferred. Career/academic goals of being involved in the event sales and marketing or sponsorship, corporate partnership field.
- Enthusiastic, creative, and outgoing individual with the drive to take initiative and work both independently and interdependently with a team.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with demonstrated experience in making public presentations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Experienced in problem solving with ability to recognize issues and deal with them directly.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.