Camp Livingston - Full Time
Camp Livingston is a residential summer camp in Bennington, IN that serves 300 campers, ages 7-18, and employs over 60 staff, 18 and older. Camp Livingston has provided life changing summers and the opportunity for growth for children and young adults since 1920.
We are seeking a highly motivated and team focused individual to join our team as the Sports Director. Ideally, this person would have previous experience in teaching a variety of sports and a passion for and knowledge of the various sports.
Dates of employment are May 31-August 6, with 6 days off throughout the summer. The Sports Director will report directly to the Director of Operations and is a member of the summer leadership team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the summer sports programming at camp.
- Plan and execute the day-to-day activities for each group, adjusting offerings to fit the age and skill of participants.
- Create program plans for cabin rotations and elective programming (including supplies needed) and submit plans to Programming team at least 5 days in advance of any activity.
- Perform daily checks on sports equipment and facilities, assuring the highest level of safety.
- Clean and organize all area supplies and equipment daily.
- Inventory all supplies at the start and end of each session; complete supply requests for anything needed in a timely manner.
- Create the schedule for sports specialist counselors, including coordinating hours/days off and assuring the athletic field is staffed appropriately for each activity period.
- Communicate schedule changes due to weather or unforeseen circumstances to Programming team and specialists as soon as possible.
- Manage all sports related special programs and tournaments.
- Participate in all regular Senior Staff duties.
- Participate in assigned unit programming.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by supervisor or Executive Director.
- Must adhere to all other code of conduct as outlined in the staff handbook.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Previous experience teaching team and individual sports preferred but not required.
- Highly organized, punctual and flexible.
- High degree of self-motivation and capable of working independently, while at the same time possess the skills needed to be a team player and contribute to collaborative projects.
- Past attendance or employment at summer camp preferred but not required.
- Management experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to lift supplies and equipment and remain outdoors for the majority of the day.
- Salary dependent upon level of education and experience.
- Room and board included in summer position.