- Full Time
DescriptionThe Cincinnati Squash Academy (CSA) is a sports & education non-profit that uses the game of squash to help transform talented students in under-resourced communities into scholar-athletes and future leaders on the pathway to post-secondary success. CSA provides year-round support in the following areas: academics, athletics, cultural exposure, community service, and mentorship. CSA is part of a national network of urban squash programs that exist across the country under the umbrella of the Squash & Education Alliance.
Overview: The Cincinnati Squash Academy (CSA) is seeking a driven and innovative Squash Coordinator with a passion for helping young people achieve their athletic and academic potential. CSA believes in providing opportunities for professional growth and encourages its staff to develop skills in a wide range of program areas. The Squash Coordinator must be willing to work weekends. This full-time position is not just a coaching job.
Start Date: The ideal candidate will start in February or March of 2022.
● Facilitate year-round squash and fitness sessions
● Supervise, manage, and recruit all squash volunteers
● Develop and implement long-term squash and fitness curriculum with standards to track individual student progress
● Use SalesForce as the primary system for all data tracking
● Manage US Squash memberships for all students along with Club Locker profiles, scoring, ladders, etc.
● Network with other organizations, squash clubs, and other services to refer students and provide opportunities
● Oversee squash uniform and equipment inventory/maintenance
● Ensure clean and welcoming space by the courts
● Collaborate on program-wide initiatives and projects
● Support students in their athletic, academic, and personal growth through programming and relationship-building
● Act as an ambassador for the organization and assist with development events and stewardship as needed
● Work as a team with other staff members and be willing to help others
● School Year: Monday through Friday 10 am to 6 pm, with 1-2 weekend tournaments each month through the squash season, and 2-3 out of town trips per year
● Summer: Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm
● Opportunities for remote work outside of direct programming hours
RequirementsWhile no one person will embody all the qualities enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences.
● Bachelor's degree
● Experience playing and coaching squash; in particular, group and clinic-based coaching for beginner to intermediate level players
● Sensitivity to different cultures and communities with a commitment to youth development
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
● Self-motivated, proactive, and willing to "roll-up sleeves" to execute day-to-day activities
● Valid driver’s license
● Ability to pass a criminal background check and driving record check