Jewish Federation of Cincinnati - Full Time
WHO ARE WE?:
The Jewish Federation of Cincinnati (“JFC”) is hiring a full-time Staff Accountant. JFC connects our community, solves big problems, and stewards community resources. We welcome all cultural backgrounds and faiths including those of every socioeconomic status, race, gender, national background, sexual orientation, gender identity, and physical, mental, and developmental ability. Grounded in Jewish values, together with you, our volunteers, and partner organizations, we support the vulnerable, nurture connections with Israel and Jewish communities globally, and protect and energize Jewish life. We feed the hungry, comfort the sick, care for elderly, and educate our youth. We are the community’s problem-solvers and opportunity-makers, committed to ensuring the strength and quality of Jewish life for our children and our children’s children.
Shared Business Services (“SBS”) is a department within JFC and offers finance, accounting, human resource, insurance & risk management services to over twenty Greater Cincinnati Jewish non-profits.
The Staff Accountant plays an integral role in providing accounting services for certain clients of SBS. The Staff Accountant is often the “go-to” for general accounting questions from their assigned clients. The Staff Accountant completes routine accounting functions, as well as assists with special projects as requested by client or supervisor. We are open to both part time and full time interest.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Daily processing of accounting transactions, including deposits, accounts receivable and collections.
- Utilization of accounting software to run financial reports on business activity.
- Preparation of budget versus actual analyses.
- Monthly account reconciliations, including cash/bank.
- Maintenance, data entry, monitoring, review and reconciliation of monthly corporate credit card transactions.
- Possess sense of urgency and strong attention to detail to ensure that all deadlines are met accurately and effectively.
- Interaction with client agencies on business matters.
- May serve as back-up to the payroll and payables specialists during times of their absence
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 1-3 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft excel skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills, organizational skills, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Intermediate to advanced experience in QuickBooks preferred.
- Experience in a non-profit organization preferred
- Experience in payroll and accounts payable preferred
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Incredible Paid Time Off: 15 days vacation, 12 days of sick, and up to 10 paid Jewish Holidays per year (in addition to federal holidays)
- Robust Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance with employee health and wellness plan
- Talent Management & Professional Development programs and learning opportunities
- Competitive 401(k) program with company match and additional contribution opportunities
- Complimentary single membership to the Mayerson JCC Fitness Center + Discounts to the onsite Café and Spa
- F.S.A, Employer Matched H.S.A, life insurance, Voluntary Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance, 529 College Savings Plan, Legal Shield plan
- Fun, collaborative, business-casual work environment
"The successful candidate must be completely vaccinated against COVID-19 (either complete single dose or complete two step dose) by date of hire. Proof of vaccination may be required upon hire”
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the above position