Breakthrough Cincinnati - Internship
DescriptionWHAT IS BREAKTHROUGH?
Breakthrough Cincinnati—Where it is cool to be smart. As a pioneer in education reform, Breakthrough is more than an organization. We are a nationwide movement, tackling the achievement and opportunity gap with a groundbreaking approach. Through our summer and school-year programs at over 24 national sites, we increase academic opportunity for highly motivated, underserved middle-and high school students, putting them on the path to college.
Breakthrough Cincinnati—We believe in the power of young people. We are also the largest pre-service teacher-training program in the country, providing best-in-class pre-professional innovative training for undergraduate teaching fellows each year.
Breakthrough Cincinnati has been serving the local community for over 25 years, and currently has two sites to meet greater needs:
- Cincinnati Country Day School
- University of Cincinnati.
- Breakthrough Cincinnati is looking for 64 hard-working undergraduates to join our classrooms this summer. We seek undergraduates from all academic backgrounds —both those planning careers in youth development and those who are considering it for the first time.
- Breakthrough teaching fellows have a deep commitment to social justice and passion for working with inspiring middle-school students.
- Our teaching fellows must be open to personal growth and comfortable working in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- As a teaching fellow, you will join a supportive community where you receive extensive training, continuous support, and the opportunity to lead a classroom.
- Throughout the summer, you will assume leadership roles and practice persistence, creativity, flexibility, and problem-solving.
- Under the guidance of experienced educators, you will work alongside other exceptional teaching fellows to plan and teach classes, manage a classroom, advise students, lead field trips, and develop as a teacher and leader.
- Your summer at Breakthrough will help prepare you for a career in education and will grow professional skills that will help you stand apart in other professions.