Ohr Torah Cincinnati - Part Time
DescriptionWHO ARE WE?:
Ohr Torah in Cincinnati, Ohio is a frum Jewish independent school that serves toddlers through eight. Ohr Torah Cincinnati’s mission is to empower and inspire Jewish children to live fulfilling and joyful lives and to develop into diligent, competent life-long learners and leaders, and who make positive and meaningful contributions to the world.
Ohr Torah Cincinnati is looking for a temporary Pre-Primary Assistant Teachers to support Ohr Torah Cincinnati’s Pre-Primary classroom by providing a play-based education to children ages 3-6 and maintain open lines of communication with parents, administrators and other staff.
This is a temporary position starting on November 9, 2020 for the following times:
- Monday – Thursday 8:00 A.M – 2:30 P.M and Friday, 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM with opportunities for additional hours weekly as available
- Create and maintain a safe, organized and inviting classroom that reflects the teachers mindfulness of students’ physical, social, and intellectual development and needs
- Manage classroom behavior in appropriate ways
- Help establish routines
- Consistently model care, respect, acceptance and empathy both verbally and nonverbally
- Maintain a prepared environment
- Send communications to parents
- Contribute, when asked, to our weekly parent newsletter
- Greet children daily as they enter the classroom
- Maintain confidentiality on all levels
- Modeling developmentally appropriate activities through daily contact with children and other early childhood staff in the classroom
- Maintaining open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child’s family and encourage their involvement in the program
- Attend weekly meetings to reflect and plan with the other teachers in the classroom.
- Provide all other duties as assigned
- High School Graduate, over the age of 18 (Encouraged but not required; BA in education or education related field.)
- Early childhood education experience preferred
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications are preferred
- Leadership skills, excellent communication skills, strong organizational and management skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a highly collaborative team.
- An appreciation for the uniqueness of each child, embracing their strengths and challenges with care and dignity, while maintaining a calm and respectful demeanor and remaining positive and an upbeat attitude.