Mayerson JCC - Full Time
WHO WE ARE
The Mayerson JCC connects people so that they can live happier and fuller lives, creating a more vibrant Jewish community. The JCC helps to foster social connections between its members and guests alike, bringing people together through a wide variety of programs and events. With an expansive fitness center, highly regarded early childhood school and senior center, arts and cultural events offered throughout the year, and classes for every age, the JCC connects, enriches, and inspires over 27,000 visitors per month. The JCC welcomes and engages everyone, regardless of race, religion, or ability.
The Toddler Teacher, working with children 18 months-3 years old, will be responsible for providing an environment that is positive, individualized, and cohesive to learning and encourages fun through play and exploration.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Implement curriculum and activities which promote stimulation, learning, and fun.
- Create a warm, fun and nurturing environment.
- Maintain a clean and safe classroom.
- Participate in all activities with children.
- Assist with activity planning and preparation of materials and supplies for daily use.
- Ensure compliance with licensing regulations and accreditation standards.
- Update portfolios and provide support when needed.
- Verify that parents are receiving correct information.
- Foster positive communication with parents through in-person conversation and/or email.
- Exhibit good judgment, maturity, and stability.
- Assist in any classroom in order to be in ratio when needed.
- Be highly mobile and physically able to easily engage in activities like standing for long time periods, walking, bending, stooping, and sitting.
- Offer support to the classroom teachers during the lunch time hour.
- Provide customer-oriented service at all times by responding quickly to needs, smiling, being approachable and meeting commitments.
- Support the goals and values of the Mayerson JCC and ECS.
- Remain flexible in rapidly changing environment.
CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education and Experience
- A degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent is a plus.
- Maintain First Aid and CPR Certifications; Communicable Disease Training and Child Abuse Training.
- Keep abreast of current research and practices in early childhood education, and attend related trainings, workshops, and conferences.
- Attend mandatory professional development sessions, teacher meetings and family events.
- Versed with various educational areas such as music, art, science, literacy, mathematics, language development and physical development.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Computer Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Robust Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Talent Management & Professional Development programs and learning opportunities
- Competitive 401(k) program with company match and additional contribution opportunities
- Complimentary family membership to the Mayerson JCC Fitness Center
- Discounts to the onsite Café, Spa, and other programs and services
- F.S.A, Employer Matched H.S.A, Life Insurance, Voluntary Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance, 529 College Savings Plan, Legal Shield plan
- Notable Paid Time Off: 15 days vacation, 12 days of sick, in addition to paid Jewish and federal holidays
- Business casual dress
- Vibrant and collaborative work environment