Holocaust & Humanity Center - Part Time
DescriptionPart-time position (Approx. 20 – 25/hours per week)
The Tour Coordinator oversees all aspects of group tours for organizations, individuals, and field trips for schools in the museum. This also includes virtual and live streamed tours. The coordinator is responsible for scheduling, confirming, and following up with groups as well as communicating information with HHC staff. Overall, the tour coordinator is responsible for creating a meaningful and engaging learning experience for each group.
Reports to: Director of Education
Tour Coordination Duties
- Serve as liaison between CMC and HHC on tours, work with CMC group sales and Kiosk staff to schedule and accommodate group tours.
- Become proficient with Sirius Ware & Better Impact to assess upcoming tours and ensure proper coverage, adding additional programming if necessary.
- Communicate with teachers and other group organizers to understand goals of their visit, assess needs for their tours and convey information to education team and other staff as necessary.
- Work with education team to design tours, understanding traffic flow and capacity for number of visitors.
- Coordinate special needs of groups or work to create special programs for groups with HHC staff.
- Work with Director of Education and Operations Manager to inform floor staff and other HHC staff of upcoming tours.
- Work with Director of Education to schedule and give docents information needed on tour days.
- Post tours on Outlook, and other calendars to ensure tour information is available to HHC staff & floor staff.
- Work with office manager to invoice groups for payment.
- Coordinate follow-up for each tour including thank yous & evaluations for visitors
- Review evaluations and bring to staff to assess the needs of the program.
- Track group attendance and evaluations.
- Report any museum issues to staff as necessary.
- Serve as on-site contact person for all tours & field trips (in person, or virtual)
- Meet docents on tour days or ensure a staff member is designated for this responsibility to aid them in rotations and logistics, work with floor staff to help keep tours on time.
- Meet with teachers and tour organizations in rotunda to go over logistics, policies and introduce docents.
- Ensure tours run smoothly and problem solve any issues that arise, including leading tours as necessary.
- A friendly, organized multi-tasker who is self-motivated and adaptable.
- Team player who can also work independently
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, docents, volunteers, school & organizational tour groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software including Sirius ware and Better Impact.
- Ability to capture and analyze data as it relates to tours.
- Comfortable making calls.
- Good customer service skills.
- Previous tour management or docent skills appreciated.
- Passion for the mission of HHC (Ensure the lessons of the Holocaust inspire action today.