Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired - Full Time
DescriptionABOUT THE POSITION…
CABVI (Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired) is currently seeking an experienced, capable, and highly motivated Volunteer Relations Specialist to join our team! This is a full-time staff position that is responsible for building, supporting, and maintaining Information Services listener and listener contact relationships. This position reports to the Manager of Agency Volunteer Services.
The principal responsibilities for this position include:
- Build, support and maintain Information Services listener relationships.
- Process all Information Services listener applications and send them to the proper service provider.
- Prepare radio and/or Amazon Echo (Alexa) devices to be shipped to clients.
- Handle all listener and listener contact needs such as technology questions, returns, exchanges, or other questions.
- Provide consistent follow-up with new and ongoing listeners.
- Build and maintain relationships with listener contacts, including long-term care facilities.
- Provide administrative support for Information Services listeners.
- Manage listener database information.
- Updates broadcast schedule.
- Administer listener survey and report results.
- Achieve enrollment goals for number of new patrons as outlined in the Annual Plan.
- Evaluate new clients’ satisfaction and meet quality of service goals as defined in Annual Plan.
- Serve as primary point of contact for listeners referred to the Talking Book services.
- Process Talking Book applications from staff referrals to the state Library for the Blind.
- Serves as primary backup for the front desk receptionist.
- Supports Radio Reading Services (RRS) with various functions.
- Maintains records.
- Coordinates delivery of RRS radios, receivers and other devices.
- Assists listeners with applications for service and other needs.
- Maintains department office equipment and supplies.
- Provide back-up for the Radio Reading Services Broadcast Manager when needed, including supervising RRS volunteers and operation of the RRS radio board.
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned.
- Associates degree in related field preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently required.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as need.
- Strong recordkeeping skills required.
- Experience supervising volunteers and interacting with people with disabilities preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Office 365, Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor is a must.