Hubbard Interactive - Full Time
DescriptionAbout Us: Hubbard Cincinnati is a full-service media company with legendary radio stations and cutting-edge digital solutions, provided by our award winning full service digital agency 2060 Digital. We serve the Greater Cincinnati community and offer a menu of marketing services including radio, full-service digital, influencer marketing, creative services, custom content, podcasts and events. At Hubbard, we're looking for the best people in local media to help build dominant brands that connect consumers and advertisers to build better businesses and communities. We succeed by always doing the right thing with focus, urgency, and passion.
Job Overview: This position creates and performs live broadcasts that are entertaining and informative, that project the Company's desired on-air image,and that achieve maximum audience acceptance and ratings. On Air Talent works closely with the programming and sales teams to grow the Company's revenue and on-air and digital audience.
- Send your MP3 air check to email@example.com
- Plan, prepare and deliver live and recorded program content for station in an entertaining and professional manner in a style consistent with the appropriate station format.
- Prepare and create a topical show by gathering information from news flashes, wire copy, periodicals, computer, web and television.
- Interview guests and other famous or public personalities, as well as moderating panels or discussion shows.
- Answer phone lines and interview members of listening audience.
- Write and reads or ad-lib segments to identify station, announce station breaks, commercials, etc.
- Preparation of online blogs and similar social media activities on behalf of the Stations; the creation of podcasts or videos or both for online distribution, and participation in, and use of, various digital media platforms.
- Ensure that contests and promotions are conducted in compliance with FCC regulations, as well as federal and state laws.
- Follow and enforce FCC regulations, station and company polices, including implementing station's/state's EAS procedures.
- Promote the Company and clients of the Company by planning and attending in-person appearances such as community events, including hosting and assisting at charity functions and remote broadcasts.
- Maintain positive relationships with national & local community.
- Perform necessary and required technical functions of assigned air-shift, including the performing and logging of engineering readings.
- Maintain the program and music logs and ensure that commercials or programs are aired at times logged and the program log is properly signed, initialed and any omissions noted. Report all discrepancies on the Company Discrepancy Report.
- Record assigned commercial, promotion or public service announcements in a professional manner.
- Assure thorough, advance preparation of content, commercials, technical arrangements and show elements.
- Maintain and build a positive cooperative attitude within the station. Build working relationships with co-workers, customers, vendors and the general public.
- Act in a professional manner when representing each station. Attend and participate in meetings are required.
- Report to work on time and work established schedule/hours. Ability to work other hours or alternate schedules as needed, as assigned or required.
- Make public appearances.
- Complete other duties as requested and needed.
- Previous on air experience preferred. Degree in Communication, Journalism, related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Ability to establish listener motivation and loyalty in the target demographic.
- Good conversationalist, well-read, knowledgeable and articulate in dealing with current affairs; Ability to enunciate clearly and interpret and read copy fluently.
- Articulate information in clear, concise manner to others.
- Ability to read, hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction. Ability to think spontaneously and ad lib while on air and at appearances in a coherent manner in situations that can change quickly.
- Ability to operate all mechanical functions of preparing and delivering an on-air performance, including the recording," editing and playback of listener telephone calls; the preparation of recorded "bits" and other show elements; the operation of the control room console and studio equipment.
- Ability to write and create commercial production", voiceovers and imaging as needed.
- Possess thorough knowledge and understanding of FCC rules and regulations which pertain to announcers, particularly but not limited to Sections 315, 217 and 508. Ability and willingness to be coached and directed by Program Director or Consultant.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.