The Workum Fund - Internship Prime
Workum is an innovative summer experience for Cincinnati Area College Students that provides meaningful, career related employment through paid ($10/hr), supervised internships in Cincinnati Jewish Communal Agencies.
These internship opportunities enable college students to gain experiences in a communal service atmosphere and instills community commitment, while developing future leaders.
Interns will have a series of programs outside of the internship to connect them to each other and Cincinnati.
2019 marks the 102nd summer of the Workum Fund.
This eight week program provides college students with paid internships in Jewish Communal Agencies throughout the Greater Cincinnati area. Many former interns have used the experiences gained in their Workum Internships as springboards for careers in nonprofit associations.
Past participating agencies have included:
- American Jewish Archives
- Holocaust and Humanity Center
- Jewish Community Relations Council
- Jewish Family Service
- JVS Career Services
- The Jewish Federation: Create Your Jewish Legacy
- The Jewish Federation: Marketing
- The Jewish Federation: Planning and Allocations
- The Jewish Foundation
- Mayerson JCC Marketing
- Rockdale Temple
- Applicants must have completed at least one year at any college or university.
- Selection based upon ability, leadership, maturity and academic qualification.
- Internship is an eight week program.
- Interns work thirty hours per week.
- Interns attend weekly roundtable discussions of contemporary Jewish Issues.