Mayerson JCC - Full Time
WHO WE ARE
The Mayerson JCC connects people so that they can live happier and fuller lives, creating a more vibrant Jewish community. The JCC helps to foster social connections between its members and guests alike, bringing people together through a wide variety of programs and events. With an expansive fitness center, highly regarded early childhood school and senior center, arts and cultural events offered throughout the year, and classes for every age, the JCC connects, enriches, and inspires over 27,000 visitors per month. The JCC welcomes and engages everyone, regardless of race, religion, or ability.
The Youth and Family Coordinator will plan and implement programs that serve families with children. Programs are both on-site at Mayerson JCC and throughout the Greater Cincinnati community. This position works to strengthen the connections between individuals and families through programs and classes. In addition, this individual will also partner with the After School program and Camp at the J to gain leadership and programming experience.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
- Plan, develop and implement youth and family classes, and children’s events at the community center.
- Manage and support J Mobile and Birthday Parties at the JCC, including hiring staff, supply shopping, and other administrative duties.
- Work collaboratively with Manager of Youth, Family, and Jewish Life on Afternoon Enrichment.
- Drive the After Crew bus when needed and other programmatic responsibilities.
- Temporarily support Camp at the J for summer 2022 and reevaluate for future summers.
- Collaborate with JCC staff and other community partners to enrich programming in the community.
- Work with the JCC program team to bring new and existing programs to the community.
- Other related duties as assigned.
CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- The ability to lead staff, communicate, and delegate tasks as needed
- Must be comfortable working with youth, teens, and adults
- Takes initiative in developing and implementing new programs
- Ability to be flexible in an ever-changing environment
- Strong listening skills and an understanding of adolescents
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong leadership, organizational, and time management skills; must be a team player
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Robust Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Talent Management & Professional Development programs and learning opportunities
- Competitive 401(k) program with company match and additional contribution opportunities
- Complimentary family membership to the Mayerson JCC Fitness Center
- Discounts to the onsite Café, Spa, and other programs and services
- F.S.A, Employer Matched H.S.A, Life Insurance, Voluntary Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance, 529 College Savings Plan, Legal Shield plan
- Notable Paid Time Off: 15 days vacation, 12 days of sick, in addition to paid Jewish and federal holidays
- Business casual dress
- Vibrant and collaborative work environment
"The successful candidate must show proof of complete vaccination against COVID-19 (either complete single dose or complete two step dose) by date of hire.”