The Jewish Federation of Cincinnati Hilb Scholarship Fund
JVS Career Services is now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 full academic year. Funds for this application period are limited and all deadlines defined in the Policy Statement will be strictly followed.
In order to be considered for one of these renewable grants an applicant must meet the following three (3) primary eligibility guidelines:
- The applicant’s family’s total prior year (2017) adjusted gross income as reported on their form(s) 1040 can not be any greater than $131,000.
- The applicant must be a resident of the Greater Cincinnati area for the two year period area prior to the first date of the grant period (The two years do not include time spent as a student).
- The applicant must have a cumulative high school Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. If the applicant is currently in college, his/her cumulative GPA must be at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Graduate applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
If you meet these three basic eligibility guidelines, please proceed to the application.
If you do not meet one or all of the guidelines above and would like further explanation, feel free to contact the Scholarship Coordinator to discuss your situation. You may also send an email to email@example.com.
- You must submit your completed application for the full academic year (fall through spring) with all support materials by May 1, 2019.
Please make sure to include all support materials, listed below. Partial applications will not be accepted. If you have questions regarding the support materials please contact the Scholarship Coordinator.
- $25.00 Non-Refundable Scholarship Application Processing Fee: This may be paid online by credit card at the end of this form, or by check or money order payable to JVS Career Services. Payment must be received before your application will be processed.
- Most Recent Grade Transcript or report card for academic work completed at the high school or college level.
- Student’s Income Tax Return (Form 1040) for the 2017 calendar year.
- Parents’ Income Tax Return(s) (Form 1040), for the 2017 calendar year, if student is a dependent. If parents are divorced, income tax forms from both parents are requested.
- A copy of the School Financial Aid Award Notice as well as copies of the College Scholarship Service’s Student Aid Report (SAR) and documentation of determinations regarding Federal, State and private aid, as soon as they become available.
- Documentation of the Total Amount of All Student Loans To-Date, if any.
- A Copy of the Student’s projected expenses (printout from website, or other school materials that show costs). If not available, documentation from the preceding academic year should be provided for estimation purposes until the new Financial Aid Award Notice and budget become available.
- Completed Scholarship Application and Typed Essay (See application for additional details)
- Once you’ve submitted the COMPLETE online application, along with payment, you must email the Scholarship Coordinator to schedule an interview at firstname.lastname@example.org. All interviews must be scheduled by May 10, 2019.