Dick Weiland established the Weiland Scholarship Fund through JVS Career Services in 2020. The fund encourages Jewish residents of the Greater Cincinnati area that are attending Cincinnati State Technical and Community College to apply for a need-based academic scholarship. Applications can be made for academic, professional and vocational training degrees and certifications.
JVS Career Services is now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 full academic year. Funds for this application period are limited and all deadlines defined in the Policy Statement will be strictly followed.
In order to be considered for the Weiland Scholarship an applicant must meet the following primary eligibility guidelines:
- Must be a registered student with Cincinnati State Technical and Community College.
- Member of a Jewish household.
- The applicant’s household income as reported on their 1040 form(s) for 2018 cannot be any greater than $135,000.
- To be eligible for this grant, Independent students and families of dependent students must have lived in Greater Cincinnati for a two-year period prior to enrolling in college.
- Entering Freshman must have at least a 2.5 high school cumulative grade point average. Undergraduate students must obtain and maintain at least a 3.0-grade point average. Graduate students must maintain a 3.0-grade point average to be eligible for grants. All GPA’s are based on a 4–point scale, failure to maintain the required grades may affect current and future grants. Exceptions will be made when there are extenuating circumstances and for cases where a student may have a documented learning and/or other disabilities and is achieving to potential. Individuals with a documented learning or other disability, with a grade point average below the minimum grade requirements, are encouraged to apply. Please contact the Scholarship Coordinator for further information. You may also send an email to email@example.com.
- Please make sure to include all support materials, listed below. Partial applications will not be accepted. If you have questions regarding the support materials please contact the Scholarship Coordinator.
- $25.00 Non-Refundable Scholarship Application Processing Fee: This may be paid online by credit card at the end of this form, or by check or money order payable to JVS Career Services. Payment must be received before your application will be processed.
- Most Recent Grade Transcript or report card for academic work completed at the high school or college level.
- Student’s Income Tax Return (Form 1040) for the 2018 calendar year.
- Parents’ Income Tax Return(s) (Form 1040), for the 2018 calendar year, if the student is dependent. If parents are divorced, income tax forms from both parents are requested.
- A copy of the School Financial Aid Award Notice as well as copies of the College Scholarship Service’s Student Aid Report (SAR) and documentation of determinations regarding Federal, State and private aid, as soon as they become available.
- Documentation of the Total Amount of All Student Loans To-Date, if any.
- A copy of the Student’s projected expenses (printout from website, or other school materials that show costs). If not available, documentation from the preceding academic year should be provided for estimation purposes until the new Financial Aid Award Notice and budget become available.
- Completed Scholarship Application and Typed Essay (See application for additional details).
- Once you’ve submitted the COMPLETE online application, along with payment, you must email the Scholarship Coordinator to schedule an interview at firstname.lastname@example.org.