By Joni Burton, CEO, JVS Career Services
You are a hiring manager who needs to fill a position. What do you do? Try to recruit for the position yourself? Adding recruiting responsibilities the already-full plates of you or your staff can make the candidate search stretch out for months. Meanwhile, work isn’t getting done. You’re down one employee and your staff is spending precious work time looking for the right candidate. How about having your human resource manager recruit for the position? Does your human resource department have recruiting capabilities or the time to recruit for the position? Not all human resource departments have recruiters on staff. If they do, how many positions is the recruiter currently working to fill?
Consider bringing in an outside recruiting organization to help you. I know what you might be thinking: “I can’t afford to hire an outside recruiting firm.” The truth is, there are lots of costs incurred by not hiring a recruiting firm. In reality, hiring a recruiting firm pays for itself. Here’s why:
- Recruiting firms often have access to a better network and use a proprietary database of candidates that an in-house recruiter doesn’t have access to.
- Because they have other responsibilities, human resource and hiring managers often don’t have the time to build and maintain a network of outside professionals who would be suitable for positions.
- A recruiting firm can apply focused attention to specific openings, allowing the positions to be filled quicker. They can also filter candidates and only send over those that are prequalified.
- For a specialized or hard-to-fill position, a recruiting firm can often fill it faster. Recruiters bring specialized skills in cold-calling our customers’ competitors and approaching the passive job seeker. Good recruiters also are constantly networking and have a large pool of candidates available at any given time.
- When you have decided on a candidate and want to make an offer, an outside recruiter can serve as an intermediary and can handle any contentious issues in hiring negotiations.
If you need to fill a position, contact JVS Career Services. We have experience recruiting all levels of talent, from entry level to senior manager positions. JVS Career Services has access to the best, most qualified talent in the Cincinnati job market, and we specialize in personalized service. We’re committed to understanding your organization’s goals and needs, and we use a talent-screening process that takes into account skill, experience, background, personality, and culture-fit.
A good recruiting firm can take the monumental task of finding the right person for the job off of your plate. JVS Career Services assumes all of the responsibilities for recruiting and screening candidates so you can focus on your business.
Joni Burton, CEO of JVS Career Services, is a seasoned Senior Management Executive with decades of experience in recruiting, staffing and management. In her role as CEO, Burton is focused on growing the agency and significantly expanding both types of services offered to job seekers and employers, and the number of clients served.
Prior to joining JVS Career Services, Burton served as CEO of ERB Solutions, a permanent placement and staffing company that assisted organizations in recruiting top-notch talent. Prior to this, Burton was President of Trasys, Area Director for CIBER, Territory Manager for CompuCom and Area Vice President for Whittman-Hart (marchFIRST/Divine) where she was instrumental in taking the firm from an unknown consultancy to one of the leading firms in the country.
Also, Burton is active in Jewish Family Service and The Jewish Federation of Cincinnati.
Burton has a Bachelor of Science Degree from The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business.